Tuesday, February 14, 2006

North Shore and around Oahu in February











Zach had drills weekend before last so we had a rental car and went on a tour of Oahu on Saturday afternoon. Usually we start by going down H1 to Kalanianaole Hwy. around the southern point of Oahu and up the Windward side but this time we went north and started with Haleiwa on North Shore. Before we got to Haleiwa we stopped at the Dole Plantation where I got a pineapple float that I highly recommend and Zach got a chili pineapple hotdog that I do not recommend. Then we moved on to Haleiwa. We got shave ice from Matsumoto's and stopped to take a few requisite beach pictures. Zach got a Chik-O-Stick which I'd never heard of before and tasted like a butterfinger with coconut to me. Then we were off to the Windwind side of Oahu! We stopped at one of the many shrimp shacks along Kamehameha Hwy to check out the prices. Sticker shock made us take a picture of the nice shack, get back into our car and continue our afternoon drive. We spent the rest of our time taking pictures of the shoreline as the sun went down: old sugar plantation ruins, a horse farm, surfers, the sun on a part of the Koolau Ridge and old cars on the highway. Then we went home and had dinner but I don't remember as it was two weekends ago and I should have made this entry back then. Such is life.

No comments: