Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Clock in Chinatown













Zach and I went to Chinatown on Saturday morning (2-11-2006) to get some vegetables, shrimp, and fresh pasta from the farmer's market and I noticed that the clock in the courtyard has Chinese characters in place of Arabic numerals. Zach bought some really hot chili peppers and limes that made for a nice centerpiece on the bar in the kitchen. The chili peppers are called Kgin Ped Dai Mai and reach 70,000 Schofield units. Not as hot as a Habanero but close. We then went home and had shrimp pasta for lunch. Really, really good! And then I made Zach go interview clothes shopping with me to Sears at Ala Moana. Found a really nice outfit for $50 and Zach was very patient. I owe him fishing trip for that. On Sunday we went to Waikiki for the afternoon. Our reason for going was to see if we could bargin for some nice aloha style luggage. No luck with that but we did enjoy some Cheesecake Factory cheesecake by the beach. I had the Key Lime cheesecake while Zach got the Tiramisu cheesecake. Good stuff in small quantities but too powerful to eat all the time. While walking around Waikiki, I took pictures of random things like a view down the Ala Wai canal looking towards Diamond Head, a WWII memorial, and the staircase of a trendy clothing store, 88 T-Shirts, with license plates from all over the US.

No comments: