Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Eating around Oahu






Zach and I went to the famous local eatery known as Anna Millers. Your basic everyday American style food with some Polynesian/Asian influence. The first image shows the dessert area and the short outfits of the waitresses. Good place to eat. I would recommend it to anyone coming to Oahu and looking for a decently priced place that you can take the whole family to for any meal. Zach ordered the local favorite, chili loco moco. Lots of places on Oahu serve this dish and many proclaim their's as the best or most original. I can't speak for either points as we haven't tried it anywhere else but Zach really enjoyed his Anna Millers Chili Loco Moco (second image). The third image is of my chili pot pie. Good chili but the crust was a little to dry and crumbly for my taste. The last two images are of us eating at Hanazen's a nice little bento eatery near Walmart on Keeamoku Street. One image shows Zach holding up a taro roll made from the locally grown taro plant which is basically a starchy root with little taste. The roll was good but more so because of the yeasty flavor than the taro. The second image is of Zach's spicy tuna roll i.e. sushi! I tried it and found it ok. So Gail you can't say I haven't eaten sushi anymore!

No comments: